For the convenience of attending participants and based on our hugely successful delivery of on-line training during COVID-19, Alpha is delighted to offer its CPD certified GP Practice Management Course on-line.
The course is fully interactive, and we encourage dialogue amongst trainees who often have valuable experiences to share.
During our course delivery we allow time for questions and answers and to meet the specific needs of the trainees or address specific management concerns that they may be encountering. Our mission is that you will leave with a deep and practical understanding of the topic and a clear sense of how you will put your new skills into practice.
This course is for you if you:
- Are a GP practice manager, nursing home manager or senior administrator
- Want to improve your skills and build on your experience to date
- Want to learn from Alpha’s extensive practice knowledge and sharing of experiences with other practices and nursing homes
- Would like to update your knowledge in HR, Data Protection, financial management and much more
- Enjoy a challenge and want to formalise your skills.
This course will be run over 3 days and is made up of 8 training modules covering all the key management areas.
Please Note: This management course covers both the “Health and Safety and Infection Control” and the “Understanding & Maximising Practice PCRS Income” short courses.
Module 1: Leadership & Communication in Healthcare
- Management Principles
- Communications skills
Module 2: The Patient Journey
- Patient service
- Managing patient access
- Complaints process and dealing with difficult & aggressive patients
- GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations)
Module 3: HR & Performance Management
- HR Management overview
- Employment law
- Practical HR Management
Module 4: Financial Management
- Fundamentals of Financial Management
- Financial v Management Accounts
- Financial Accounts prepared by the accountant
- Private Revenue Streams
- Creditors Management
- GMS (PCRS) – Analysis of claims & payments (GP Practices Only)
Module 5: Operational Performance
- Roles & responsibilities
- Key performance indicators
- Rostering – clinical and staff
Module 6: Risk Management in Healthcare
- What is risk
- Risk in healthcare
- Risk measurement and risk assessment
- Strategy and Risk
- Quality Management Systems – Policies
- Reporting and communications
Module 7: Health & Safety & Infection Prevention Control
- Health & Safety in the workplace
- Infection prevention control
- Regulatory requirements
- Special controls during COVID-19
Module 8: Quality in Healthcare
- HIQA’s regulatory requirements
- Quality improvement initiatives
- Quality management systems
Date: 3 Sessions – To be Confirmed. (Click Here for any queries you may have regarding the Course).
This is a CPD Certified GP Practice Management Training Course.
CPD Certificates will be issued following completion of course.
Venue: This course is delivered online via zoom.
Needed for participation: This course is an interactive and participative course and requires two way video to be effective. You will need an electronic device with video and audio capability. For registered participants, a link to access the course and full instructions will be issued prior to the date. For those unfamiliar with the use of Zoom, our team can offer you a quick pre run to make sure you have video and audio are functioning in advance of starting the course.
New course dates to be confirmed. If interested in the Course please enter your details into our Contact Us page and we will contact you as soon as soon as we launch our next set of Training Courses. Register your interest here.