Due to expected ongoing COVID-19 restrictions and for the convenience of attending participants, Alpha is delighted to offer a 100% virtual training course. The course will be fully interactive and mirrors our highly successful courses that normally take place in various venues around the country. We will provide the same material and content as previous face to face course training and all attendees will receive the training material electronically. A link to access the course and full instructions will be issued prior to the date. For those unfamiliar with Zoom, we also offer a quick pre run to make sure you have full access on the day of the course.
The course is fully interactive, and we encourage dialogue amongst trainees who often have valuable experiences to share. And whilst our courses are predesigned to ensure all relevant areas are covered, we allow some time to meet the specific needs of the trainee or address specific management concerns that they may be encountering. Our mission is that you will leave with a good understanding of the topic and a clear sense of how you will put your new skills into practice.
This course is for you if you:
- Are a GP practice manager, nursing home manager or senior administrator
- Want to improve your skills and build on your experience to date
- Want to learn from Alpha’s extensive practice knowledge and sharing of experiences with other practices and nursing homes
- Would like to update your knowledge in HR, Data Protection, financial management and much more
- Enjoy a challenge and want to formalise your skills.
This course will be run over 3 days and is made up of 8 training modules covering all the key management areas.
Please Note: This management course covers both the “Health and Safety and Infection Control (Working with COVID-19)” and the “Understanding & Maximising Practice PCRS Income” short courses.
Module 1: Leadership & Communication in Healthcare
- Management Principles
- Communications skills
Module 2: The Patient Journey
- Patient service
- Managing patient access
- Complaints process and dealing with difficult & aggressive patients
- GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations)
Module 3: HR & Performance Management
- HR Management overview
- Employment law
- Practical HR Management
Module 4: Financial Management
- Fundamentals of Financial Management
- Financial v Management Accounts
- Financial Accounts prepared by the accountant
- Private Revenue Streams
- Creditors Management
- GMS (PCRS) – Analysis of claims & payments (GP Practices Only)
Module 5: Operational Performance
- Roles & responsibilities
- Key performance indicators
- Rostering – clinical and staff
Module 6: Risk Management in Healthcare
- What is risk
- Risk in healthcare
- Risk measurement and risk assessment
- Strategy and Risk
- Quality Management Systems – Policies
- Reporting and communications
Module 7: Health & Safety & Infection Prevention Control
- Health & Safety in the workplace
- Infection prevention control
- Regulatory requirements
- Special controls during COVID-19
Module 8: Quality in Healthcare
- HIQA’s regulatory requirements
- Quality improvement initiatives
- Quality management systems
Date: TBA This is a CPD Certified GP Practice Manager Training Course.
Needed for participation: This course is an interactive and participative course and requires two way video to be effective. You will need an electronic device with video and audio capability.